Tuesday, July 23, 2013

my old Twitter avatar

avatar faces
Half the fun of my Twitter account - where I post designs crafted from obsolete box-drawing characters - has been creating character animation sequences and gradually appending them to my avatar over a two year period, ultimately building a 6 minute performance. Twitter has since banned GIF-animation uploads, and even third-party apps are incapable of uploading lengthy GIF movies. Therefore, I'm switching my avatar to a static image, and housing the old animation here.

It was a fun opportunity to practice and refine my 2D animation timing. At the beginning, by experience in this was scant, but toward the end the work was looking more professional. This will be the end of my drawn animation work for a while. I'll be focusing on 3D animation instead.

Below is a history of the animation production, with abbreviated sequences.

April 2011
 
blink & look around

May 2011

blush

laugh

nap

transform

August 2011

bubble
June 2012

double-take
July 2012

love
July 2013

sing

Below is a video of the entire performance that appeared on Twitter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment